Saturday, June 28, 2008

1000 degrees

It's got to be over 1000 degrees here in Portland today. My face is literally melting off my head right now. 1000 degrees is way too hot to be doing anything but taking a nap with the fan blowing on you just to keep the skin from melting off.

What I wouldn't give to be eating a huge bowl of ice cream and watching shrek 3 right now. I would give anything. It's a good thing I'll be doing that in about one hour from now.

Portland oregoneans are funny people. Everyone thinks the air that comes out of the AC is made out of gold. If the front door is open even a tiny crack, (because you are talking to me through it) Portlandeans worry that all their gold will empty out that tiny crack and into my pockets. How I wish that were true. Instead it kisses me on the face and helps keep my eyebrows from dripping off my chin.

Too hot.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh honey if I was there I would fan you and feed you grapes. But I'm not. Instead I'm in Chico breathing in a pack of cigarettes worth of smoke from the stupid fires. My nose is falling off and your skin is falling off. How sad. Now we know how Mr. Potato Head feels.